“We are committed to a healthy future for the Irish fishing industry and work every day in a sustainable way to ensure we will have plenty of fish for the future.” Liam Quinlan, MD Kerryfish
Examples of the Sustainable Fishing Policy at Kerryfish are:
- We fully support responsible fishing initiatives from BIM and the EU.
- We catch our own fish or buy fish from small inshore boats.
- We do not buy or catch undersized fish.
- We advise the fishermen to catch mature fish and to use sustainable fishing methods.
- We buy hand caught mackerel and hake and tell customers when we have it in stock.
Recycling, Reuse and Reduction
- We participate in the BIM Green Seafood Program
- We reduce our energy requirements by using sustainable energy sources
- We recycle all our fish bones by providing them as bait to the local fishermen
- We are always looking for new ways to reduce our carbon footprint so let us know of any new ways to help save the planet!