Whole baked Trout with roast Mediterranean vegetables
Cooking Time – 30 mins
2 whole rainbow trout
2 red onions – peeled and cut into thick wedges
1 lemon or lime – sliced
1 red or yellow pepper – roughly cut.
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar – optional
1. Rinse the fish inside and out under cold running water. Dry with kitchen paper.
2. Rub the outside of the fish with a little olive oil, as this helps to create a crispy skin.
Season the cavity with a little salt and pepper, and stuff with the lemon or lime slices.
3. In a bowl mix the chopped vegetables with a little olive oil, seasoning and vinegar until well coated.
4. Place vegetables on a roasting tray, and place fish on top.
5. Bake in a hot oven for approx 15 – 20 mins until cooked.
6. Remove and serve with fresh green salad.
COOKS NOTES – You could also use other whole fish such as sea bass, sea bream, mullet, snapper, arctic Charr etc in this recipe.