This recipe is packed full of flavour. You could substitute the hake with haddock or whiting and get the same results.
- 4 people
- 20 minutes
- 4 hake fillets, about 175g each, skinned and boned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablesp. rapeseed oil
- 4 -6 medium potatoes peeled, cooked and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 24 pitted black olives
- 100g semi sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 teasp. fresh thyme leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
Season the hake with salt and black pepper.
Heat a large frying pan, approximately 30cm, and add 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil.
Place the hake, flesh side down, in the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the cooked potatoes, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Then add in the courgettes, black olives, tomatoes and thyme leaves and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
Place on a plate with the hake and drizzle over a little extra oil – here comes the summer! Serve with crusty bread.