Steamed Mussels in Garlic & Herb White Wine Sauce
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cooking time 12 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds of Glenbeigh Shellfish Mussels
- 4 tablespoons of Kerrygold butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 100 ml Creme Fraiche
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- White crusty baguette
Melt the butter in a large, deep pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic, stirring until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
Add parsley, thyme, and mussels to the pot. Pour wine over top, cover, and cook over high heat until the mussels open (about 4-5 minutes).
- When the mussels are almost open, stir in the creme fraiche
Shake the pot frequently as the mussels cook to make sure that they steam evenly.
Remove mussels to individual serving bowls.
Ladle wine sauce over top.
Serve with crusty white bread and garnish with additional fresh herbs, if desired.