Spicy Fish and Shellfish Stew
- Combine butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Stir in onion and celery with a pinch of salt; cook until onion is soft and golden, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir wine into onion mixture; increase heat to high and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in tomato puree, water, bay leaf, oregano, red pepper flakes, and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer 35 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in lemon and cod, return to simmer, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in crab, shrimp, and mussels. Cover and simmer until all mussels are cooked and open, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh parsley and basil; season with salt and pepper to taste.