Smoky pancetta cod
A wholesome dish that is easy to make
- 8 rashers of higher-welfare smoked pancetta
- 2 x 150 g white fish fillets , such as cod, skin off, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 x 250 g sachet of cooked lentils
- 200 g spinach
- Lay out 4 rashers of pancetta, slightly overlapping them. Place a piece of cod on top, generously season with black pepper, then roll and wrap in the pancetta, and repeat.
- Place in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and cook for 8 minutes, turning occasionally, adding the rosemary for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove the fish to a plate. Toss the lentils into the pan with 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar and push to one side to reheat for 1 minute and pick up all that residual flavour, while you quickly wilt the spinach with a splash of water alongside.
- Taste, season to perfection with sea salt and pepper, and divide both between your plates.
- Sit the wrapped cod on top of the lentils with the rosemary, and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil