Smoked Salmon Ponzu Salad
Ponzu is a classic Japanese dressing of soy sauce and citrus juice. Here, it cuts through the rich slices of smoked salmon.
- 2 large ruby grapefruit
- 2 large white grapefruit
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp runny honey
- 400 g (14oz) smoked salmon (about 16 slices)
- 100 g (3 ½oz) watercress leaves
- 100 g (3 ½oz) pomegranate seeds
- Peel and segment the grapefruit with a serrated knife, removing the pith. Pour juices into a bowl as you go. Spoon off 3tbsp of juice, mix into a jug with the light soy sauce and honey and set aside.
- Arrange smoked salmon slices, grapefruit segments and watercress leaves over 8 starter plates. Scatter with the pomegranate seeds. Just before serving, drizzle each plate with 1½tsp of the dressing.