Smoked Salmon Fish Cakes
A wholesome dish that is easy to make
- Prep time / Cooking Time – 30mins
- Serves – 2
- 3 medium potatoes (about 550g)
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- dill chopped to make 1 tbsp
- 4 slices of Quinlan’s smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp of plain flour
- olive oil
- 50g rocket leaves
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Microwave the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until tender, then halve and scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Discard the skins. Mash with some seasoning.
- Add the lemon zest, spring onions, dill and the hot-smoked salmon.
- Season well and shape into 4 fishcakes.
- Dust them in the flour, and fry in a non-stick pan in a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes on each side until golden and hot throughout.
- Put the rocket, capers and shallot in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, a good drizzle of oil and season.
- Toss and serve with the hot salmon cakes