Smoked Salmon Blini canapes
To celebrate our Organic Smoked Salmon winning Three stars at the Great food Awards we have been serving our Classic smoked salmon on blinis with soured cream, it is the perfect partner to a glass of cold champagne.
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 200g/7oz Quinlans Organic smoked salmon
- 20-24 ready-made cocktail blinis
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 142ml/5fl oz soured cream
- small bunch fresh dill
- freshly ground black pepper
- Use a lemon zester to remove thin strips of zest from the lemon, taking care to avoid the white pith, which tastes bitter. Put the strips to one side.
- Our Salmon comes pre-sliced but if you want smaller pieces, pile up a few slices of smoked salmon into a stack. Using a very sharp knife, cut across the stack to give you thin strips. Place into a bowl.
- Add the juice of half of the lemon, or more to taste, and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the finely chopped shallot and mix well.
- To serve, spread a layer of soured cream onto each blini. Place a spoonful of the salmon mixture on top of the soured cream and garnish each with a small sprig of dill and a strip of lemon zest.