Smoked Salmon and Egg, Baked Avocado Recipe
Smoked salmon is a versatile fish that is a fantastic breakfast option. Combined with egg and avocado – this quick and easy recipe is great breakfast or brunch option for all the family.
- 3 Large Avocados
- 6 small eggs – separated
- 3 slices of smoked salmon cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped chives
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Toasted bread of your choice
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Halve the avocados lengthways and remove their stones.
- Cut a small slice off the skin-side of the avocado halves to stop them rolling and put them onto a baking tray.
- Scoop out some of the middle from where the stone was, add a little salmon to each and then add the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites quickly, so it’s one consistency, and pour in as much as possible.
- Grind some black pepper over and bake for 10 minutes, or until the whites have set.
- Scatter over the chives and a pinch of cayenne, if you like.
- Optionally serve with bread soldiers for dunking.