Scallops with garlic butter
For the garlic butter
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
150g butter, softened
2tbsp finely chopped parsley
Squeeze lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tin coconut milk
1 small piece fresh lemongrass
1 teaspoon fish sauce (Nam pla) – optional
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Mix the butter, parsley, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl.
2. Pre heat a heavy frying pan until very hot. Add a little vegetable oil.
3. Fry the scallops, flesh side down, for 1 – 2 mins each side minutes,
4. Add the butter and allow to melt. Spoon the melted butter over the scallops in the pan.
5. Serve immediately with a little crusty bread for mopping up the juices.