Organic Smoked Salmon and Spinach Risotto
It may seem like a lot of spinach when you start adding it to the pan but it will reduce as it cooks.
- 4 people
- 30 minutes
- 200g Organic Smoked Salmon, cut into strips or cold smoked trout
- 1 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 300g risotto rice
- 700mls warm vegetable stock, if not homemade use a low salt variety
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 40g finely grated mature cheddar cheese
- A good handful of basil leaves
To serve: A green salad
To make the risotto: Heat the oil in a wide, shallow saucepan over a gentle heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes until the onion has softened. Then add the garlic and rice and stir well to combine. Gradually add the stock, a ladleful at a time. As the stock is absorbed add more and stir regularly until all the stock is used and the rice is cooked. Add a little extra stock or water if the rice is not fully cooked. This will take about 15 minutes.
Stir through the smoked salmon and spinach. Continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
Taste and season with a little salt and pepper.
To serve: Turn off the heat, stir through the cheese and sprinkle over the basil leaves. Serve straight away with a green salad.