Monkfish with Roast Red Pepper Sauce
Serves: 4 people
- 2 x 350g monkfish fillet
- 8 thin slices of Parma ham (optional)
- 2 red peppers – cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon white wine or balsamic vinegar
- 100mls cream
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil and roast in a hot (180 °c– 200°c) for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven, place in a bowl, and cover tightly with cling film. Leave to cool.
- If using the Parma ham, tightly wrap the monkfish fillet with the slices of ham. (It may be necessary to secure the ham with a cocktail stick)
- Place fish on an oiled oven proof tray, and bake in the oven for approx 15 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, remove the skins from the peppers. Place into a bowl with the sugar, vinegar and cream. Blend until smooth, correct seasoning if necessary.
- Remove fish from the oven and cut into thick slices with a sharp knife.
- Arrange on plates and serve drizzled with the red pepper sauce.