Hake en Papillote with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes & Peppers, with Olive Tapenade
- 4 175g of unskinned Hake Fillets
- 750g Cherry Tomatoes
- 500g Roasted peppers
- Mash Potato
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Thyme
- Fresh basil to decorate
For the Olive Tapenade
- 4 Anchovy Fillets in olive oil
- 75g of Pitted Black Olives
- 25g Capers
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 75ml of Olive Oil
- Black pepper
To prepare the fish
- Pre hear the oven to 240°C/ 475°F / Gas 9. Slice the tomatoes in half and place cut-side up in a shallow roasting dish with olive oil. Dice the peppers into squares and also place in the dish. Sprinkle over the thyme, sea salt and pepper and roast them for 15 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 150°C/ 300°F / Gas 2 and roast for a further 1 ½ hours. Then leave to cool.
- Raise the oven to 240°C/ 475°F / Gas 9 again, and cut 4 pieces of parchment paper and tinfoil. Lay the tinfoil out first and then the parchment paper on top.
- Place 3-4 tomatoes and some peppers into the centre of the parchment paper and sprinkle the basil over. Season the hake fillets with sea salt and pepper and place the hake on top, skinned side up.
- Wrap the parchment paper and tinfoil into a parcel, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve the Hake parcels with your creamy mash potato. Make sure to drizzle the flavoursome juices over the fish and then spoon the tapenade on top. Decorate with some fresh basil and enjoy!
To prepare the Olive Tapenade
- Put the olives, anchovies, capers, and garlic into a food processor and blend. Then steadily add in the olive oil.
- Stir in the Black pepper to taste and refrigerate in a sealed jar for up to 3 months.
Any fish fillets such as Cod, Haddock, Salmon, or even seabass would work with this recipe, so alter as you please to suit your preferences. All of our fresh fish is available to buy online at www.kerryfish.com.