Scallops in a Creamy Lemon Linguine
This is a perfect dish for a date night at home, it's super tasty and easy to make.
Serves – 4
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 12 large Quinlan’s scallops
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- ¾ pound dry linguine
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ cups low sodium or salt free seafood stock
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill for garnish, optional
- In a small shallow glass pan, marinate the scallops in the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper for only 10 minutes. Turn the scallops over in the marinade after 5 minutes. Reserve the marinade to add to the sauce later.
- Melt the butter along with the olive oil in a large preheated pan over medium high heat. Sear the scallops for about 2 minutes per side. Remove the scallops from the pan and hold in a warm oven (150 degrees F) while you prepare the sauce for the linguine.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic to the pan. Sauté for only 30 seconds or so but do not brown the garlic.
- Add the seafood stock and simmer until the stock reduces in volume by about 1/3, then add the reserved marinade and whipping cream. Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed and more pepper to taste if you like.
- Add the cooked linguine to the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes to warm the pasta and to thicken the sauce a little, tossing the pasta in the sauce constantly.
- Serve with the seared scallops on top of the pasta and a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest and dill for garnish.