Cheesy Grilled Pollock
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 150g/5oz mature Cheddar cheese
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 x 150g/5oz pollock fillets, skinned and boned
- sunflower oil, for greasing
- knob unsalted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds, then finely dice the flesh and place in a
bowl. Finely dice the cheese and add to the bowl with the spring onions, then just bind
with the mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to high. Arrange the fish fillets on a lightly oiled, sturdy baking sheet
and season lightly, then grill for 4-6 minutes until almost tender. This will depend on
the thickness of the fillet.
- Quickly spread the mayonnaise mixture on top and flash under the grill for another 2
minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden.