Here’s a quick salmon recipe to get your day started on the right foot! We’re all trying to get more healthy food into our diet. Healthy dietary fats are essential for our health. And Omega-3, which is essential to balance our modern diet is found in abundance in wild smoked salmon.
A Quick Salmon Recipe for Breakfast: Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs
If you’re in a hurry to get to work in the morning, that doesn’t mean you have to skimp on healthy foods. Most of us grew up on a breakfast of grains and bread, so the idea of a fatty meal first thing in the morning can feel off-putting. But once you take a few days to grow accustomed to a protein-rich breakfast, you may be impressed by its benefits.
One study found that starting your morning with eggs greatly increases satiety and reduced the need for further food later in the day. For some people, eggs can be a challenge to eat first thing, but if you try it for a few days your body will quickly adapt — and it goes down wonderfully with a slice of toast and a healthy dollop of smoked salmon. Smoked salmon is rich in Omega-3 which has also been shown in studies to help counter obesity, as well as having positive health benefits for your heart and brain.
Enjoy a healthy, fat-burning meal in under five minutes from start to finish.
- Take a liberal piece of salted Irish butter on a pan at medium-to-high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, break the eggs directly into the pan and continually stir them with a wooden spatula.
- Add an extra bit of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue rapidly stirring, reducing heat if necessary. If you do this with four or fewer eggs you will have delicious, fluffy scrambled eggs within two minutes. It may take longer with more eggs.
- When they are almost done, take them off the heat and sprinkle with finely chopped chives.
- If weight loss is not your goal or you can’t stomach eggs’ texture on its own, an option is to place the scrambled egg on sourdough toast (with garlic butter as a delicious option)
- Then add some tender layers of Smoked Salmon. Enjoy!