The Classic Prawn Cocktail
The classic prawn cocktail has been gracing the Christmas table for years so of course our chefs decided to include it in their top picks.
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 big shakes Tabasco sauce
- Juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Our Quinlan’s Deep Water prawns 450g
- Paprika for dusting
- Mix the mayo, ketchup, Tabasco in a mixing bowl until well combined. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, and salt the water heavily, then batch cook you Quinlan’s prawns in groups of 5/6 to make sure they have enough space to cook. After 3 to 4 minutes once the meat starts to turn white pop them out on to a plate.
- Divide the shredded lettuce among the glasses or coupes. Sprinkle the chopped chives and spring onions, then top with the prawns and sauce. Dust each portion with paprika and put a lemon wedge on the side for squeezing. Serve straightaway.