Garlic Stuffed Mussels
2 kilos mussels
250g softened butter
4 / 5 cloves garlic – crushed or finely chopped.
120g (4 handfuls / 16 tablespoons) fine white breadcrumbs
2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
Juice and zest of one lemon
1. Rinse mussels in cold running water and drain.
2. Place mussels into a wide sauce pan, cover with a tight fitting lid. Steam over a medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes until the shells open. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Remove the top shell from each mussel and arrange the bottom shell and flesh on an ovenproof dish or baking tray.
4. Add crushed garlic, parsley and lemon juice into the butter. Mix through the breadcrumbs.
5. Use a spoon or clean hands to place a small amount of the crumb mixture onto each mussel, just covering the meat.
6. Grill or bake until golden brown and crispy (Approx 2 or 3 mins)
7. Serve with lemon wedge, garnish with herbs of choice.