Chorizo Crumbed Cod Traybake
This colourful and simple Cod recipe is perfect for a summer's evening dinner for the whole family!
- Serves 4
- 20 mins prep / 55 mins baking
- 4 x 175g Cod
- 500g of baby new potatoes
- 120g chorizo, chopped
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 300-400g baby sweet peppers
- 100g pitted green olives, halved or sliced
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 25g manchego cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. In a warm roasting tin, lightly toss the baby potatoes in the olive oil, season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes and then transfer to the oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are roasting, heat a non-stick frying pan, and add the chorizo and cook for 4-5 minutes until it has released most of its oil. Then add the breadcrumbs, and cook for another 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Transfer the chorizo and breadcrumbs to a food processor, and add the lemon zest and manchego cheese, and blend until you get fine crumbs.
- Add the peppers to the roasting tin, and toss to coat in the oil, then roast for 15 minutes more.
- Toss the Cod in the lemon juice, and then generously spoon over the chorizo crumb, pressing down to make a crust on top of each piece. Place the fish on top of the vegetables in the roasting tin, then return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Scatter the olives and parsley and serve with a final squeeze of lemon juice.
Top Tip – Get adventurous with seasonal vegetables, and add in your favourites to make this dish even more delicious! Asparagus, Tomatoes or Courgette would perfectly compliment our Fresh Wild Irish Cod.