Steamed Haddock with Carrots and Leeks
By steaming the fish in this way, you end up with a delicious sauce to serve with it.
- 4 people
- 1o minutes
- 4 haddock fillets, about 150g each
- 2 tablesp. lemon juice
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 4 tablesp. water
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced into thin strips
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablesp. flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, water, garlic, carrot, pepper and leek in a large frying pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and lay the fish fillets close together on top of the vegetables.
- Cover with a piece of baking parchment, then with a lid or a tray and cook for 6-7 minutes until the fish is cooked – the flesh should be flaking.
- Using a fish slice, gently transfer the fish and the vegetables to warmed serving plates.
- Spoon the cooking liquid over the fish.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley. This is delicious served with some boiled new potatoes and sautéed spinach.